[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 15:07:41 UTC 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 9:54 AM, Wily D <wilydoppelganger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/30/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You have completely ignored the tone of the "report", the clear
> > > statement that the 'evidence' is a demonstration not merely that !! is
> > > a returning editor, but that !! is one of 'them' who share information
> > > from a 'playbook' on how to disrupt WP. I can only assume you have
> > > either not yet read it, or that you have read it and are still unable
> > > to see that most people who read it more than cursorily will
> > > understand that the clear implication is that !! is blockworthy.
> >
> > Oddly enough, while this implication is obvious to you, people who are
> > actually on the list have stated quite clearly that they saw no reason
> > to think Durova was going to block !!, and, apparently, no-one else on
> > the list did either. This has also been the impression of unrelated
> > individuals reading this discussion, in this very thread. It appears
> > that, as I stated before, the view that it is "obvious" that Durova
> > was planning to block !! 15 days after she posted that e-mail is based
> > on hindsight, bad faith, and circular reasoning.
> >

> Jayjg, see http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Arbitration_Committee_Elections_December_2007/Candidate_statements/Durova/Questions_for_the_candidate&diff=prev&oldid=172950068
> for why people believe "some 5 other editors" had good knowledge
> Durova was planning a block.

WilyD, it would be helpful if you were to either disengage from this
discussion, or actually read all the posts in the thread. That
specific statement of Durova's has been discussed in several posts,
and more than one person has said that her statement is ambiguous at
best, and in no way indicates that 5 people actually pre-approved her
*block*.