[WikiEN-l] Arbiter involvement on the Durova affair

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:56:41 UTC 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 9:17 PM, Alec Conroy <alecmconroy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/29/07, Mark Ryan <ultrablue at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What I would like to know (and I'm not going to bother digging through
> > hundreds of emails on this topic to see if it's already been asked) is
> > which arbitrators are members of that private/secret mailing list, and
> > if some arbitrators are members of that list or, further, participated
> > in discussions, then which of those arbitrators have recused
> > themselves from this case.
>
> If I am correct (somebody speak up if I'm not) I believe both Flonight
> and Morven are confirmed to have participated in both secret lists

There are no secret lists, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

> Despite participating in the lists and receiving the "evidence" email,
> no arbiter has agreed yet agreed to recuse themselves.  Flonight and
> Morven are currently the deciding votes in a  split-decision at the
> Arbcom case proposing to ban Giano for 90 days for revealing the
> evidence that exonerated !!.

The proposal is not to ban Giano for "revealing the evidence that
exonerated !!"; indeed, that evidence has never been presented
publicly. The ArbCom has stated its issues with Giano quite clearly
here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Durova_and_Jehochman/Proposed_decision#Giano
and it has nothing to do with what you have said.

I wonder if your mis-representation of ArbCom statements is deliberate or not?