[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 22:09:20 UTC 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 1:52 PM, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:
> "People" are doing their best to draw conclusions based on limited
> information, in the face of other people doing their best to keep the
> information away.  It's true that nobody can prove that five people approved
> the block, but based on Durova's remarks, that's the most likely scenario.

However, since a number of people have insisted that such discussions
did not take place on any public mailing list we were aware of and
therefore could only have been in private correspondence, to keep
insisting otherwise is getting very close to accusing people of lying,
wouldn't you say?

I'm not sure if Durova's exact words were that others had approved the
block or others had simply agreed with her that the user was
suspicious - can anyone clarify?

-Matt