[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 28 13:16:21 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:00:49 +0530, "Relata Refero"
<refero.relata at gmail.com> wrote:

>I personally don't intend to follow the links back and try and analyse times
>of votes and blocks  and who agreed with what and other such nonsense. But I
>dare say someone might. It might be obvious, or it might not. I would have
>thought that it would be best if the obsessive weren't given further reason
>to obsess.

They don't need any reason, they never did.

>> There are no secret courts.  There is no erroneous ban.  !! was
>> unblocked after 75 minutes.  It was a mistake, made out of excess of
>> zeal.

>Guy, you ignored the point I made earlier. There is a difference between
>this and IRC or arbcom-L. The difference is that you all already believe in
>Bigfoot, to quote the principle NYB suggested at the RfAr.

No, what we believe in is the stalking of Wikipedians - particularly
those admins involved in banning certain users.  We have very good
evidence for this.

I do not believe in conspiracy theories or Bigfoot.  I especially do
not believe in conspiracy theories where I am supposed to be one of
the conspirators.  I am thinking of renaming the list grassy-knoll-l
out of irony.

I do believe in ban-evading abusers of Wikipedia because I have
blocked more of their sockpuppets than I can count.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG