[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Nov 27 18:02:59 UTC 2007

Matthew Brown wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2007 6:47 AM, Alec Conroy <alecmconroy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There were in-depth deliberations about [[User:!!]] that led to his
>> blocking.
>
> Not on either the cyberstalking list or the investigations list.  In
> fact, nothing about !! got posted to the latter list at all.  If any
> discussion of this took place AT ALL, it was in one-to-one
> conversation between Durova and individuals.  I do not know of any
> such.

Alec is just not in possession of the facts.  He should stop posting
until he finds out what the truth is.

But to confirm what Matthew Brown has said: there were no in-depth
deliberations about !! on the cyberstalking mailing list that led to his
blocking.  (Indeed, if there had been, he would not have been blocked!)

This was one admins error, which she has freely admitted and apologized
for.  Those trying to find a deeper cabal behind it are mistaken.

--Jimbo