[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:11:49 UTC 2007

On 27/11/2007, Relata Refero <refero.relata at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, of course. That's really what everyone said after the block, on the
> noticeboards even when the evidence was not known. The question is why
> nobody said that who actually saw the evidence. The expectation of some of
> us is because nobody thought it was that big a deal. This is not
> representative of the project in general. Again, an echo chamber.

Or perhaps because in another zillion emails that day (I'm not on any
list it was sent to, so am not speaking from personal knowledge) it's
much easier to ignore one or think "I'll get to that later." The
responsibility for action remains Durova's rather than anyone else's
... as she's said way enough times.

- d.