[WikiEN-l] Happy birthday to me...

Flameviper Velifang theflameysnake at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 16:08:19 UTC 2007

Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:36:33 +0000
From: Nick <heligolandwp at googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Happy birthday to me...
To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>

>Well, that's probably going to generate a lot of "No" responses.
>
>I'm probably way to generous today for some reason, but would there be
 >any
>objections to unprotecting Flameviper's talk page and letting him edit
 >an
>article of his choice on his talk page ?
>
>I know his latest message is once again trolling and we're all getting
>pretty fed up of him, but the guy seems to have some interest in
 >editing
>Wikipedia in addition to his love of trolling us all on a regular
> basis.

  *sigh*
  I'm not trying to troll...
  I understand why everyone gets pissed off all the time, and it's because I constantly whinge about being banned. But it just sucks to be in this position, because I can't edit the encyclopedia, I can't go on a forum (which is admittedly not your fault), I can't go on IRC, all that's left for me to do is to go on the mailing list.
  Pre-emptive counter to "go outside": I do, often, and it sucks.

  But I suppose that I'm pissing everyone off, even though it's not my intent.
  Just as well, I don't like this any more than you do. It's more painful to write this than it is to read it, trust me.
  I'd just like to get this over with, so that I can go back to editing the encyclopedia. Then I could talk about things that actually mattered on the mailing list, instead of watching through the frosted glass of banishment.
  Yes, I know that sounded cheesy as hell.
  No, I'm not going to go back and erase it.

  Seriously, though, I'd really like to just go back to Wikipedia, perhaps under my Two-Sixteen account.

  Could you just give it a try?