[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Relata Refero refero.relata at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 11:05:38 UTC 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 4:25 PM, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 05:27:08 -0500, "Stephanie M. Clarkson"
> <thespian at sleepingcat.com> wrote:
>
> >Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:
> >> False.  I said it was trolling, not that you are a troll. Continuing
> >> to post an inflammatory interpretation that has been contradicted by
> >> someone who has more knowledge of the situation than you have, is
> >> trolling.
>
> >Because "I know more about this, so trust me." has worked so well in
> >the past. You've said, 'No, you're wrong!' and seem to be thinking
> >that that is enough argument/contradiction to make him feel
> >everything is ok, then. It doesn't and *shouldn't* work that way.
>
> Not really, no.  If Alec were to ask, rather than assert form
> suspicions founded in ill-faith, then I would be more than happy to
> tell him.  Actually, looking back, I *have* told him, he simply
> refuses to believe me.  I can't fix that, sorry.

You didn't tell him anything about the mailing list before his first post,
the one you called trolling. Durova did, and he responded to it with reasons
why he felt that his interpretation was correct. If extreme, it appears to
be one that a lot of people believe is correct in its essentials, though
they may not invest it with the cabalistic overtones or ill-faith that you
appear to think Alec does. We all do our best to believe you, Guy, and we
don't doubt your good faith. That doesn't mean we aren't going to question
you or whoever else when they make pronouncements, and enough people have
serious questions these days. We're talking here about institutional
problems, so lets be a little calmer and less personal about it.

RR