[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Tue Nov 27 05:55:13 UTC 2007

Alec wrote:
> So, for anyone who doesn't know, it's now come out that there was
> basically a citizens "militia" of sorts that created secret mailing
> lists where they coordinated their actions and presented secret
> evidence against those suspected of being affiliated with a BADSITE...
> This is a LOT of drama.

Yow.  I, for one, didn't know that (though I can't say I'm surprised).

There's an easy way to short-circuit most of the drama: everybody
on that (or those) secret mailing lists ought to voluntarily take
a pretty long wikibreak.  (A year wouldn't be too long.)  Their
intentions were good, I know, but they got way too wrapped up in
things, and they (and the rest of us) now need some time to unwrap.