[WikiEN-l] Meaningful estimates of popularity?

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 17:06:04 UTC 2007

> The question is: what does "popular" actually usefully mean?

It shows you which pages most need to be kept vandalism free.

I think the wikipedia itself needs to start providing a stat page for each
and every article, it's potentially pretty cheap to do as well as useful and
interesting.

I don't care that much what is on it, but keeping any kind of statistics is
better than none.

- d.

--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. If we lived in a perfectly
imperfect world things would be a lot better.