[WikiEN-l] Time to reboot wikien-l

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 00:50:59 UTC 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 7:29 PM, Michael Noda <michael.noda at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2007 7:19 PM, Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com> wrote:
>
> > jayjg wrote:
> >
> > In seriousness, I think the moderators should consider putting
> > jayjg and Joshua on moderation for 36 hours or so, so that they
> > -- and the rest of us -- can enjoy the holiday in peace, without
> > feeling compelled to respond to every minute twist in this
> > tendentious and unstoppable argument with ever-more-tedious
> > ripostes...
>
> Seconded.  And if the mods are serious about cracking down on list
> abuse, they might consider the threadjacking and querulous bickering
> that has taken place here and think about a longer term than 36 hours
> in the moderation pen.

Here's an even better idea; rather than attempting to quash the
viewpoints of people with whom we disagree, let's instead have a
moratorium on any mention of BADSITES or Making Lights etc. on the
list at all. As I said before, those horses are thoroughly beaten and
long dead. Let's give them an honorable burial, and promise never to
mention them again.