[WikiEN-l] Time to reboot wikien-l

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 00:01:29 UTC 2007

On 21/11/2007, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:46:04 +0000, "James Farrar"
> <james.farrar at gmail.com> wrote:

> >Links should not be (but have been) deleted from Wikipedia if they
> >have encyclopaedic value simply because of material "that we don't
> >like" that happens to be hosted on the same website.

> Well, let's be honest, the number of links in that category is
> somewhere between three and ten.  Ever.  So it's not *that* big a
> problem, although it makes sense to try to help good-faith editors
> not to make the same mistake again.

Ya got a point there.

[does the internet explode now?]

Please swing by WP:LINKLOVE and make it not suck. Think in terms of a
practical help guideline for clueful editors of good faith, because
clueless ones won't understand and editors of bad faith treat any
rules as playground equipment anyway.

- d.