[WikiEN-l] Time to reboot wikien-l

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 19:05:00 UTC 2007

On 21/11/2007, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2007 1:31 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The deletion of encyclopedic links to nielsenhayden.com by Will Beback.

> That old chestnut? It's the other strawman used as the rallying cry.
> Will realized he made an error, and apologized profusely. The whole
> issue was over long ago, but anti-BADSITES people bring it up again
> and again and again, as that one incident has been extremely useful.

Except that when he came back here to push a policy apparently
indistinguishable from BADSITES, he was notably unable and/or
unwilling to explain what he thought he had done wrong in this case,
or why his actions had upset people. That unfortunately removes some
power from the apology.

> People misapply *real* policy every day, we don't then say OMG BAD
> POLICY, IT MUST GO!!!!!

Well, actually, we do quite a bit in my experience ...

> > ... for other than encyclopedic reasons.

> One man's encyclopedic reasons...

I welcome your encyclopedic justification for the removal of the
nielsenhayden.com links.

- d.