[WikiEN-l] Time to reboot wikien-l

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:31:24 UTC 2007

On 21/11/2007, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2007 1:02 PM,  <joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu> wrote:

> > > doing so was the same. Crappy links are deleted for all sorts of
> > > reasons, mostly because they're crappy, even if they would also have
> > > been deleted under that strawman BADSITES policy.

> > Except none of these were crappy links.

> They looked like crappy links to me, but I could be wrong. Any specifics?

The deletion of encyclopedic links to nielsenhayden.com by Will Beback.

(I'm assuming you're joining the current discussion in a state of
having had the courtesy to read up on the ongoing discussions and
being up to speed with everyone else, particularly those you're
discussing it with.)

> > These were links that would have been
> > included in article space but for the fact that they contained material we
> > didn't like.

> Err, "containing material we don't like" pretty much covers every link
> ever deleted from Wikipedia.

... for other than encyclopedic reasons.

- d.