[WikiEN-l] Assume bad faith, for banned users.

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 11:01:33 UTC 2007

> If a banned user creates a sock and devotes himself to making useful edits,
> without rekindling the fires of disruption, then how does it benefit the
> project to tracking him down and kicking him off? That sort of thing merely
> causes frustration, unpleasantness, and more disruption.

Which is why, as far as I know, it doesn't happen. It's always been
the case that a banned user can come back with a new account and as
long as no-one can tell they're the same person, there is no problem.
The only way someone could tell is by illegal checkusers - do you have
evidence of checkuser abuse?