[WikiEN-l] Assume bad faith, for banned users.

u/n - adrianm adrianm at octa4.net.au
Mon Nov 19 21:45:42 UTC 2007

The problem with what David Gerard says here is that he is
missing one important factor: I wasn't ever actually
banned from Citizendium.  Did everyone check the links
that David Gerard provided?  Did David Gerard himself
actually read them?  You see, the reality is that I quit
Citizendium in disgust at their providing false
information off of Wikipedia, especially after over a
month of negotiating to make sure that that wasn't going
to happen.  Citizendium then determined that by quitting I
was asking to be banned, and so it happens.  Was I "banned
from Citizendium"?  No.  I quit from Citizendium.  If you
actually read the links that David Gerard provided, you
would find the evidence there.

Also, let's not forget my actual case, where I was banned
after less than a week of using Wikipedia, as a newbie.  A
case with an article with a rather lengthy history of
being written falsely, where they can't even manage to get
the dates right (insisting that its a 1 day event when it
actually lasted for 3 days - quite a discrepancy).  As for
my version, that I wrote for Citizendium, but then asked
them to delete after they added in factual inaccuracies
that were copied from Wikipedia, here is the version that
I wrote (courtesy of Wikinfo):

http://www.internet-encyclopedia.org/index.php/Port_Arthur_massacre

So we've already got the fact that David Gerard misled a
few people about whether I was banned from Citizendium AND
about why I was banned from Wikipedia (for being a newbie,
and for trying to correct inaccuracies as opposed to some
idea that it was for legal threats with an unexplained
extension from 1 year, which is already served, to
indefinite).  But not only that, he's failed to mention
the Wikipedia Review link.

Did you all click that link before?  The whole Private
Musings thing?  You'd know all about that.  Its been
discussed to death here.  And you'd know the power
struggle on Wikipedia Review that relates to that.

You see, I own Wikipedia Review, hence I can't really be
banned from there.  They just changed the passwords on me
and made it difficult for me to get it back.  Why?
 Because I made Wikipedia Review look bad.  Because I
exposed some actions by a member of Wikipedia Review to
lie to people of Wikipedia.  Because I thought that was
wrong.

Now, you all get that, don't you?  All understand?  Or are
you still content to quote tiny things out of context and
to repeat inaccurate information as fact?

Good way to write an encyclopaedia guys.

Adrian