[WikiEN-l] Time to reboot wikien-l

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 20:53:47 UTC 2007

On 17/11/2007, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe all new members *are* moderated until one of the moderators
> explicitly decides they can be trusted (which usually only takes one
> or two good messages, I think).

First message in almost all cases.

> If by "post-moderate" you mean
> removing bad emails without requiring all emails to be pre-approved,
> that's impossible, with any software, since it would involve deleting
> emails off mail servers around the world...

If every single message were required to be moderated, that'd be *way*
too much like work. The reason wikien-l keeps needing new mods is that
it's a bit much like work for not terribly much payoff and
considerable flak. (I'm occasionally amazed at the powers people
presume I have here, for instance.)

- d.