[WikiEN-l] an ED article (was Featured Editors?)

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 02:14:48 UTC 2007

On 2007.11.15 18:52:34 +0000, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> scribbled 0 lines:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:36:08 -0500, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Just for those who weren't around for the Brandt articles: what Guy is saying here is arrant nonsense. The Brandt article had dozens of good sources stretching back decades. It was deleted out of a combination of WP:IDONTLIKEIT and WP:NEVILLECHAMBERLAIN.
>
> So you say.  I think it went because the sources were not *about
> Brandt*.
>
> But I'm game, let's take it to deletion review.
>
> Guy (JzG)
> --

Yes. That's an excellent way of putting it, that you are game. Unfortunately you and the other deletionists have quite successfully gamed AfD and DRV on this issue, so I would only be wasting my time and potentially marking myself as a target.

I would note though that DRV was only supposed to be for when deletions did not follow procedure, but (like the Arbcom not making policy or NOR not supposed to apply to brain-dead inferences) this has long since fallen by the wayside.

--
gwern