[WikiEN-l] Question about links

Sam Blacketer sam.blacketer at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 15 22:12:24 UTC 2007

On Nov 15, 2007 10:06 PM, Phoenix wiki <phoenix.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are links to websites that require you to pay to view content allowed? I
> assumed not untill I realised that we cite books and newspapers all the
> time, and they require purchasing...

I would say yes - there are a lot of very respectable sources and links
which require some form of payment to get access. Most academic journals are
behind subscription barriers. Some readers of the article will nevertheless
be in an institution with a subscription. It may be better to say
"(subscription required)" after the link just to make it clear though.

--
Sam Blacketer
London E15