[WikiEN-l] Get PAID to make content for Wikipedia!

Omegatron omegatron+wikienl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:23:10 UTC 2007

On 11/5/07, William Pietri <william at scissor.com> wrote:

> > This concept would be helpful to the extent that it makes the traffic
> > of each noticeboard or process or wiki-project or other "hot spot"
> > more diverse, or less adhocratic/cliquish/whatever. Some venues could
> > use a little shaking up (organized disruption).
>
> Working on it an hour a week, though, I could take. Especially if there
> were a way for me to see that a bunch of other people were sharing the
> burden.

I really like this idea.  The cliques that control certain pages have an
undue influence on our policies and procedures, focusing all their time on
meta-issues instead of writing articles.  The people writing articles should
be the ones making policies, but they don't have the time or patience.  A
bot that went around asking random people to spend 15 minutes on any AfD
nominations that caught their eye, for instance, would do much to break up
the stagnation.