[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 12:19:21 UTC 2007

As I say-- the actual bans seem to be carried out quite well--  and
the inappropriate blocks seem to be quickly overturned.  We seem to be
quite good identifying actual sockpuppets of banned users.

There  problem we do have is much much smaller, and relates more to
incivility and NPA than to the banning policy.   It involves not
seriously believing people to BE a banned user, but sort of loosely
tossing around the accusations of a vague sort of link to banned
users.   "Supporting" the banned user.  "Agreeing with" the banned
user.  "Friends with" the banned user.  "Your buddy" the banned user.
etc.
Alec
******
Such statements often have a bit more behind them than the people who make
them are at liberty to disclose openly.  Alkivar agreed with a banned user,
for instance.  He didn't get desysopped for merely having an opinion.

A certain relatively small core of banned users do collaborate together and
they attempt to game the concept you articulate.

-Durova