[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia Ethics Commitee?

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:31:42 UTC 2007

> Wikipedia is not a role playing game. Why isn't that in WP:NOT?

"It just closely resembles one." User:Elonka has a talk she's done on
the subject, showing the correlations ... leveling-up, the 6-18 month
typical participation time ...

- d.
******
That dynamic can be harnessed to productive purposes.  For instance, I
created the triple crown award using the same logic I've used to motivate
players in role-playing games I've run: generate a fantasy item that seems
shiny and cool, then create a clearly defined route to attaining it.

The difference here is that the game has a positive end product.  All three
of the venues I specify have some degree of quality control and people
improve real articles to get a triple crown or the imperial jewels.  That
makes a better encyclopedia for everybody.  And if a little appreciation
motivates them to do more good work, everyone wins.

-Durova