[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 14 15:56:41 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:54:13 -0500, joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu wrote:

>Up to a point. If the editor has made a good point we may wish to discuss it
>even though the user is banned. And I've seen (I forget with whom, so
>don't ask

Well, yes, but the banning policy explicitly states that all
contributions should be rolled back - David Gerard has manually
repeated edits made by Amorrow, having assessed them, which is fair,
but we really *really* don't want to give the impression that people
can be "a little bit banned" - if they think the ban is excessive
and want to plea bargain for an editing restriction, I've no reason
to believe ArbCom won't hear them.

And contributions to policy debate can be done through this list.  I
note that most of the people we're talking about, when they've come
here, have ended up being kicked from here as well.  This probably
tells us something about their ability to contribute constructively.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG