[WikiEN-l] Featured Editors

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 13:25:02 UTC 2007

On 12/11/2007, Flameviper Velifang <theflameysnake at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, this is real life. Have you ever been here before?
> You seem to have come from Wiki-Fantasy Land. We get a lot of people who come from the place where things work how they're supposed to.
>   Unfortunately, this is not Happy Happy Fun Time, it's Wikipedia.
>   And on Wikipedia, a siteban is grounds for a ban everywhere else.
>   And if by some freak of nature, you get unblocked, you'll get reblocked within 5 minutes because you didn't use edit summaries.

You may wish to consider the possibility that you're being perceived
as jerkish afresh, which then sets people to considering who else has
behaved jerkishly in that particular manner. In practice, banned users
showing up again are usually spotted by their chronic inability to
learn civilised behaviour.

- d.