[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 02:41:39 UTC 2007

>We won't stop before we get precisely what we want either.

Which is a verifiably neutral encyclopaedia.  And that's bad
because?....
Guy (JzG)
******
Hear, hear.  Wikipedia aims to provide a free, neutral, and verifiable
encyclopedia of 50,000 articles to every person on the planet in his or her
native language.  Seven years into its lifespan, roughly 1/3 of the world's
people can read a Wikipedia of that size or larger in at least one of the
languages they speak (subtract 1.2 billion from that in practical terms -
they live behind the Great Firewall of China).

On the grand scale of good deeds this ranks somewhere below achieving world
peace and a bit higher than buying new marching band uniforms for the local
high school.  It's worth doing, and to get that far so quickly with a staff
of only 15 paid employees is astounding.

-Durova