[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Sun Nov 11 22:36:48 UTC 2007

Quoting Raphael Wegmann <raphael at psi.co.at>:

> Guy Chapman aka JzG schrieb:
>> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 18:41:33 +0100, Raphael Wegmann
>> <raphael at psi.co.at> wrote:
>>
>>> We won't stop before we get precisely what we want either.
>>
>> Which is a verifiably neutral encyclopaedia.  And that's bad
>> because?....
>
> Well it shows, that you and your opponents share the determination.
> It would be bad, if determination turns to fanaticism and leads
> to collateral damage (editors who get blocked, just because they
> have a different view on what a verifiably neutral encyclopaedia
> should look like).

But that's isn't what we're talking about. We're not talking about editors who
we have disagreements with about whether a given phrasing is neutral, or
whether a given source is sufficiently reliable for inclusion. We are talking
about people like Bagley who won't be happy as long as Wikipedia contains any
criticism of Overstock, and people like Awbrey who wants Wikipedia to be his
own personal ground for original research. These people have a different view
of what a verifiable neutral encyclopedia would be like. They don't want a
verifiable neutral encyclopedia. We should not lose sight of that.