[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 02:04:35 UTC 2007

> So in this case, as with Jonathan Barber (JB196), if it genuinely is
> Awbrey then long experience shows that the banhammer is the right
> approach.  Revert, block, ignore.

When it comes to essays about preferable Wikipedia behavior in
dealing with people who disagree, I like WP:BRD (Bold, revert,
discuss) much better than WP:RBI... the ultimate aim of the former is
to lead to a discussion, rather than to lead to banning and ostracism
and the suppression of discussion.  Which of these mindsets is more
in keeping with the spirit of a community devoted to the collection
and dissemination of information?
******
Then kindly remind Jonathan Barber and his friends of this ideal.  They most
assuredly *do not* observe it.

******
While the trolls and vandals do some harm, a lot more harm is done to
Wikipedia, in my opinion, by the Judge Dredd types who see themselves
as the thin blue line against trolling, vandalism, and anarchy, and
have no compunctions against acting as judge, jury, and executioner
against anybody they see as an enemy, or as somebody aiding the
enemy.
******
Dan, how about spending a month over at WikiProject Wrestling helping them
out of the mess JB196 and his buddies created?  I don't know why you elect
to accept those people's spin uncritically, even though most of them have
been sitebanned, at the expense of those of us whose actions have withstood
scrutiny many times over, but it's quite disappointing to see a Wikipedian
in good standing - apparently quite sincere - squandering credibility this
way.

If you think I position myself as "Judge Dredd" and act improperly as
"judge, jury, and executioner" against anybody I "see as an enemy", then by
all means present your evidence against me at the Eyrian arbitration.  I
have no objection to having my name added as a named party to that case.
Walk the walk, or else kindly withdraw the accusation.

-Durova