[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 21:44:32 UTC 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 1:15 PM, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> You take me to task for hyperbole (a valid point; is McCarthyism a
> sufficiently non-murderous analogy to use instead of the
> Inquisition?), but commit some of it yourself when you refer to lives
> being ruined.  If anybody considers their life ruined because of
> anything that went on either on Wikipedia or an anti-Wikipedia forum,
> then they're taking all of this stuff way too seriously.

If this behavior did not extend beyond Wikipedia and anti-Wikipedia
forums, it would be a lot less harmful than it is. Wikipedia Review
participants have proven themselves quite willing to try and get
people fired from their jobs, for instance, simply because the person
was a Wikipedia admin - even in cases when they had no conflict with
the person themselves.

The behavior of amorrow extends beyond even that, and the fact that WR
tolerated him as long as they did (I'm not sure if he's presently
banned from there or not) speaks volumes.

-Matt