[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sat Nov 10 12:30:45 UTC 2007

On 10 Nov 2007 at 11:47:57 +0000, Guy Chapman aka JzG
<guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:

> You can leave it as whatever you like, I have no regrets about being
> mightily pissed off with Jon Awbrey's disruption (or Barber's or
> Bagley's) and having absolutely no patience whatsoever with anybody
> expressing support for banned abusers.  Time for people to decide
> where their loyalties lie.  Mine lie with Wikipedia, not with banned
> abusers of Wikipedia.

Ah, the classic "us vs. them", "if you're not with us you're with the
terrorists" ploy.  It plays well to a group of insecure patriots to
rally them into suppressing dissent, but is not particularly
appropriate for a community that's supposed to be open to
participation from a diverse global community, and is supposed to be
fighting against its various systemic biases rather than encouraging
them.

--
== Dan ==