[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sat Nov 10 12:26:25 UTC 2007

On 10 Nov 2007 at 09:07:22 +0000, Guy Chapman aka JzG
<guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 21:07:46 -0500, "Daniel R. Tobias"
> <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
>
> >But it's a sign to me of one of the things wrong with Wikipedia's
> >culture now that rather than deal with the substantive issues raised
> >in the page, the first reaction of at least one prominent Wikipedian
> >is to assume it's a past banned user and reach for the "banhammer".
>
> And that's a sign to me that you never dealt with Jon Awbrey.  Oh,
> but wait, you know him, don't you?  He's a fellow WR poster.

Dealt with him on both sites... fought with him on both sites...
found his style highly annoying on both sites.  Been there, done
that.  Still object on principle to the mindset of dismissing entire
categories of ideas because they can be associated in an ad-hominem
way with somebody who acted annoying enough about them that they got
themselves banned.

--
== Dan ==