[WikiEN-l] how WP policy mediates mass collaboration

Ivan Beschastnikh ivan at cs.washington.edu
Fri Nov 9 19:33:18 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

I'd like to share with you all a recent paper that we've had at GROUP
2007 -- ACM Conference on Supporting Group Work.
The paper concerns itself with how Wikipedia policy mediates mass
collaboration in .. Wikipedia. It was presented a few
days back and was well received by the CSCW community. We would love
to get feedback and comments from the
community on this work as we move forward with future studies of WP
policy, and other WP mechanisms.

Community, Consensus, Coercion, Control: CS*W or How Policy Mediates
Mass Participation
Travis Kriplean, Ivan Beschastnikh, David W. McDonald, and Scott
Golder. GROUP '07.

paper: http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/travis/papers/group150-
kriplean.pdf
slides: http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/travis/talks/group2007-