[WikiEN-l] Graham Vick sources

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 15:24:35 UTC 2007

Further, on his talk page, he explains  with respect to a question from me,
that, if he !votes at AfD, it will only be to !vote "delete"

"I wouldn't participate in an AfD where I would vote 'keep' since my primary
goal is to trim down Wikipedia"

and goes on to say that at AfD:

"any vote is a contribution to the discussion, even if contains no rationale
whatsoever."

The appropriate response might seem to ignore his voice there until he can
show that he does know the rationales for discriminating between
encyclopedic and not encyclopedic content.

But then a little further down we read:

"I'd definitely been into forming a group of like-minded souls. There are
quite a few users who frequent AfDs, some of which surely would be
interested as well.  it would be nice to have a group to help spread the
word."

So I suppose we must be on the lookout for meat-puppets and canvassing as
well, since his declared intent is to form such a bloc.

>  >      I'm sorry I incorrectly assumed that "Doctorfluffy" was an
> > Administrator, and that his mission had been discussed on this list. -
> > From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Doctorfluffy
> >
> > "My Mission
> >
> > The English Wikipedia has over 2,000,000 articles. That's absurd.
> > Anyone
> > who even glances at the notability policy will immediately realize
> > that
> > there are clearly not that many notable subjects in existence. There
> > is so
> > much crap on here that it makes my head spin. As such, my goal here
> > is to
> > remove all garbage from Wikipedia. I enjoy tagging articles and
> > participating in AFDs and I am strongly against all forms of
> > cruftery."
>
> So the issue here is that Doctorfluffy is not interested in writing an
> encyclopedia so much as destroying one, and raises querrelous and ill-
> founded objections, not that an Oxford-published source is unreliable?
>
> OK. That's comforting.
>
> -Phil

I further quote from his user
--