[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Feature suggestion for UI: make the "cancel" link on an edit page a button

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Fri Nov 9 15:16:07 UTC 2007

I can hear the technical objections now: "But it wouldn't *do*
anything.  Nothing whatsoever has happened in the Mediawiki
database until you hit 'submit', so there's nothing to cancel.
The right way to cancel is to hit the browser's 'Back' button,
or to click on the mediawiki 'project page' or 'discussion' tab
at the top (as appropriate), or to close the window.  So it turns
out that having 'cancel' be a link is actually The Right Thing."

(None of which is actually a valid argument against the idea from
a user interface perspective, of course.  In fact, it sounds like
a perfectly fine idea to me, even though I'd never personally use it.)