[WikiEN-l] WP:DENY is a steaming pile of crap.

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 13:37:51 UTC 2007

On 09/11/2007, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> On 9 Nov 2007 at 10:39:57 +0000, "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > If you act in a manner perceived by others as being jerklike, they are
> > likely to perceive you as being jerklike.

> ...which still doesn't justify being a jerk back to them.  Two wrongs
> don't make a right.

Oh, definitely.

The counterpart to "Don't be a dick" is "Try not to come across as a
dick to others." This is a pair like "be liberal in what you accept,
be conservative in what you send."

Most people understand "don't be a dick." However, "Try not to come
across as a dick to others" is a lot more work. I suspect it's the
essence of "civility" in a social environment.

- d.