[WikiEN-l] Pakistani politicians and systemic bias

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 10:07:55 UTC 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 1:58 AM, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 04:19:47 -0500, "John Lee" <johnleemk at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Wait, we have a rule saying only English sources are acceptable now? Or do
> >you just mean that an article should never rely on non-English sources
> >alone?
>
> I don't think it's unreasonable that on the *English* Wikipedia, the
> English-speaking community should be able to verify at least the
> core facts.

You are aware, I hope, that policy has never said that?  While
English-language sources are desirable, lack of them is not a problem.

Also, lack of sources has NEVER been a speedy deletion criterion.  It
might be cause to list on AFD, but it has never been speediable.

There are good reasons, Guy, why the speedy criteria are limited.  You
know better than that, and this is not even a BLP issue, where
excessive zeal might be understandable.

-Matt