[WikiEN-l] WP:DENY is a steaming pile of crap.

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Nov 8 18:00:03 UTC 2007

Matthew Brown wrote:
> Whether or not 'persistent troublemaker' equates to 'troll' is
> dependent on one's definition of troll.  By my definition, not all
> persistent troublemakers are trolls; the repeated blatant vandaliser,
> for instance, isn't a troll by my definition, yet they may be as much
> encouraged by recognition.
It takes 24 keystrokes to enter "persistent troublemaker" and only 5 to
enter "troll".  Similarly, it takes only 3 keystrokes to proclaim "NPA"
(not counting the shift key); that certainly beats explaining the whole
thing to someone.  This is the place where elaborate templates are
devised to save a few keystrokes.

Evidently a suffering language is the price of convenience.

Ec