[WikiEN-l] Edit Wikipedia Week is coming. How not to bite the n00bs?

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 21:30:27 UTC 2007

> We shouldn't be templating ANYONE. It's a bureaucratic "go away."

Close generally it means "at the present time I don't believe non
template communication would be sufficiently beneficial to the project
to be worth doing"

> (The usual response to pointing this out is "but I can't possibly keep
> up with the flood of responses otherwise." To which the response is
> "so don't.")

You can keep up but it doesn't help. I can type "hi did you take this
pic?" nearly as fast as {{subst:nsd}} then  copy ({{subst:di-no
source-notice|1=Prithvi s.jpg}} ~~~~ onto the talk page.
If you are faced with needing to  convey the same information
repeatedly you are going to standardise. "hi did you take this pic?"
scores higher on the higher I'm a human treating you like a human
treat me like one scale (welcome templates score rather low) than
copyvio templates but it isn't massively polite.

--
geni