[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu May 31 21:39:13 UTC 2007

On 31/05/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> on 5/31/07 5:12 PM, Charlotte Webb at charlottethewebb at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > On 5/31/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> >> Is the person being moderated informed that this is happening?
> >
> > If nothing else, he would still be able to read the list and know we
> > are discussing this.
>
> My question is: could someone's messages to the List suddenly become
> moderated (OK, censored) without first being told that they are - and why
> they are?

Technically, sure - this is why the public announcement, to avoid
someone not realising (and thus submitting a hundred messages
wondering why none get through, to pick one response seen in the
past...). It's a very low-level solution; I guess it wouldn't be too
hard to code up something to have a "status change" email sent out by
default, though.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk