[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu May 31 21:17:06 UTC 2007

On 31/05/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> on 5/31/07 4:35 PM, David Gerard at dgerard at gmail.com wrote:

> > Blu Aardvark is now on moderation, by the way, for just a little too
> > much odiousness. wikien-l is entirely too tolerant, but Jeff, you
> > gotta be on crack to expect us to swallow the rubbish you've been
> > serving today.

> (aside) Would you, or someone, explain what list moderation is and how it
> works? Or provide me with a link that explains it. I'm serious, I've looked
> but couldn't find what I needed to understand it.

It means their messages are held in the moderation queue and may be
sent to the list, rejected  (sent back to them) or discarded (thrown
away silently). This introduces inconvenience for the poster as their
messages are sent to the list on a moderator's convenience basis.

New members of the list start on moderation, which is annoying for
all, but sadly necessary to control the trolls (or, rather, one
troll).

- d.