[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

Joe Szilagyi szilagyi at gmail.com
Thu May 31 20:56:41 UTC 2007

On 5/31/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

> (aside) Would you, or someone, explain what list moderation is and how it
> works? Or provide me with a link that explains it. I'm serious, I've
> looked
> but couldn't find what I needed to understand it.

Typically, a moderated person on a given email list has all email from them
bounced to the list mods (David and others) who then activate some sort of
release option to let the mail through. Either a web based interface, or
sometimes just forwarding the email back in with a given command or key or
something similar. This is to often basically act as a filter on emails from
them for whatever reason.

Regards,
Joe
http://www.joeszilagyi.com