[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

Slim Virgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Thu May 31 20:07:26 UTC 2007

On 5/31/07, Sheldon Rampton <sheldon at prwatch.org> wrote:
> The problem I have with litanies like the one that I quoted above
> from Mark Gallagher is that they dredge up old history mostly for the
> sake of rehearsing bitterness, and they usually do so in a
> tendentious way that selectively presents the facts in order to make
> WR look even worse than it is (such as saying that AMorrow was
> "welcomed with open arms" without mentioning that they banned him).

They did the right thing in the end, but they let him post quite a lot
before banning him, when the posts were clearly and seriously
problematic, especially when combined with what was known about him on
Wikipedia. And he was posting links to his own website, which
contained appalling material, so it wasn't as though they couldn't see
what he was about.