[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu May 31 10:05:59 UTC 2007

On 31/05/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/30/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> > On 30 May 2007 at 12:30:18 -0400, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Actually, I can't think of any occasion where such a link would be
> > > beneficial to the project. What exactly did you have in mind?

> > Then you're not thinking hard enough.  Plenty of reasons have been
> > discussed here, in other places where this debate has proceeded, and
> > in my essay on the subject:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dtobias/Why_BADSITES_is_bad_policy

> That looks like a long essay about BADSITES, a strawman policy. I'm
> not sure how it relates to my questions, though.

Then you are reading selectively. People are talking sweet reason then
removing links like rabid weasels in a manner that looks, walks and
quacks like BADSITES. And that's the problem.

You're using Gmail. Please click "Expand all" and actually read the
thread before offering your valuable thoughts, so as not to waste
others' time.

- d.