[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 23:48:49 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Joe Szilagyi <szilagyi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/30/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Just a semantic point: is the collection and analysis of available
> > > information to find patterns in and of itself stalking?
> >
> > When someone starts calling people they believe are your
> > ex-colleagues, ex-schoolmates, and ex-boyfriends so that they can get
> > a picture of you and try to find your current location, I think it's a
> > bit more than "collection and analysis of available information to
> > find patterns". Don't you?
>

> You didn't answer my question, did you?

Why would I answer an irrelevant question?

> Leave virtual bread crumbs, it's no
> one's fault but the crumb-leaver if pieces get collected and figured out.

Wow, that's so passive. It all just "happens" somehow, no-one need
take any active role whatsoever.

> It's not Wikipedia's responsibility to police negligience.

I'll keep your rather heartless POV in mind in future dealings with you.

> Specific to your
> question, which I'll answer:
>
> Why is Brandt trying to track down Slim, is the better question. Answer (if
> I'm not mistaken): He's stated he intends to pursue her legally for
> whatever.

I don't recall him ever stating that he intended to do so. Indeed, it
would be hard to imagine whatever for, since SlimVirgin is one of the
people who has worked hardest at getting his article deleted, from the
very start. Actually deleted it, as I recall.

> That's not stalking. Maybe in her definition and yours, but not in
> any American legal system's that I know of. If he actually finds her, or
> whatever person he's after, and files suit (for something) is that stalking?
> Or serving legal process which he is entitled to in the country in which he
> lives?

Wait a minute, first you invent a motive, and then you proceed on that
basis? Perhaps a little fact-checking would be in order, before
spinning whatever fantasies come to mind.
> If people did nothing wrong on-wiki, they
> would have nothing to worry about.
> and no one will pursue you. You notice how many (if not most) Wikipedians
> play nice, play fair, play by the rules, and have public identities? How
> many of them are 'stalked'? Hm, curious, innit?

Next you'll be blaming rape on all those women who walk around dressed
in "provocative" clothes.