[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

Joe Szilagyi szilagyi at gmail.com
Wed May 30 19:45:12 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems to me that the times in which a link to WR would benefit
> Wikipedia are extremely few at best, and involve very specific
> circumstances - so specific, that they could, in fact, be enumerated
> in very short list.

Indeed, there are at best 5-7 total 'attack sites'. So few, that they could,
in fact, be enumerated in very short list.

Why not just list them at BADSITES as a "do not link list"? If the
*community* agrees on an entry, hey, cool, don't link it. If not, well, the
community has decided, right? Unless very small minorities on-wiki get to
decide they know better than everyone else and try to policy wonk or game
their way to their ends. But that would be wrong, no? ;)

Regards,
Joe
http://www.joeszilagyi.com