[WikiEN-l] Jimbo on "reliable sources"

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Wed May 30 17:54:07 UTC 2007

On 5/31/07, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/30/07, Slim Virgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:

> would
> real
> Wikipedia
> > work.
> > >

> > > I'm particularly talking about idiocy like declaring all blogs
> verboten.
> > >
> > All blogs haven't been declared verboten, except in BLPs, unless it's
> > a blog run by the subject.
>

> Try telling that to the people who claim otherwise.

Indeed. I was astonished to see a discussion on [[Talk:Paul Krugman]]
referring to BLP and RS to support the contention that blogs can never be
cited as sources. I've written more than one FA based on, among other
sources, a blog which has been cited by no less than the BBC. Should these
FAs be defeatured?

Johnleemk