[WikiEN-l] Jimbo on "reliable sources"

SonOfYoungwood at aol.com SonOfYoungwood at aol.com
Wed May 30 17:21:53 UTC 2007

Later on in the article, Jimbo also says something that me and several
others, such as the rest of the Final Fantasy WikiProject and  User:Seraphimblade,
have been advocating:

"[Wikia] is not Wikipedia, right. It's my new organization with a  completely
separate website. Basically part of the way we're framing it  is that
Wikipedia is the encyclopedia and Wikia is all the rest of the library. So it's
anything people want to collaborate on."

I urge people to encourage the transwiki of cruft. Cruft isn't things  like
articles on games or the entire cast as a whole; by cruft, I mean  lists of
weapons, armor, locations, and other stuff that goes into  excessive detail and
does not have a chance to balance in-universe with  out-of-universe. The Final
Fantasy WikiProject has been doing it for a  while, and we're moving right
along. Granted, this is off the topic of "reliable  sources", but it's still a
good point.