[WikiEN-l] BADSITES vs RFA

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed May 30 10:18:13 UTC 2007

> On 5/30/07, Slim Virgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > When people ask me now what they need to do to prepare for adminship,
> > I invariably have to tell them to do the vandalism thing, which they
> > shouldn't have to if they're mature candidates and good writers. Then
> > they risk not getting promoted because they blocked a vandal without
> > using the right tags ...
>
> That would be quite impressive. Generally it is quite hard to block
> people before being given an admin bit.

It's actually remarkably easy... [[WP:AIV]] gets good results 24x7 for
deserving cases.

Indirectly blocking by bringing to someone else's attention after
proper procedures are noted may not be what you had in mind, but I was
the initiator for dozens and dozens of blocks there before ever
setting fingers on an admin-enabled bit...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com