[WikiEN-l] A BADSITES RfA piling-on

Blu Aardvark jeffrey.latham at gmail.com
Wed May 30 04:25:55 UTC 2007

Phil Sandifer wrote:
> We, ummm, are talking about the same Wikipedia Review where people
> conspired to call the police in my town to try to get me harassed
> because of fictional stories I was posting to a blog, right? And the
> one where people actively speculated about how they could get me
> kicked out of my PhD program?
>
> I just want to make sure. I'd hate to get this magical happy site you
> mention here confused with the one that tried to ruin my life.
>
> -Phil

Phil, drop the bullshit FUD. Nobody "conspired" to call the police in
your town. Some unidentified person, who may or may not have been a
Wikipedia Review user (but was almost certainly a reader) is to blame
for that.

And, let's be honest here, there was a slightly legitimate concern.
Don't try to paint yourself as a victim.