[WikiEN-l] BADSITES vs RFA

Slim Virgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Wed May 30 00:26:47 UTC 2007

> Complete text of your oppose: "Strong oppose. I have to oppose
> based on Gracenote's answer to my question about attack sites. I feel
> that websites that out and defame Wikipedians should never be linked
> to; I certainly can't think of a single encyclopedic reason they would
> ever have to be. SlimVirgin (talk) 06:00, 23 May 2007 (UTC)"
>
> That looks, walks and quacks like BADSITES, and BADSITES was
> referenced by that name in Gracenotes' answer which you referred to in
> your oppose.

No, this is the complete text of my oppose. (Apologies if this comes
through twice; I've already sent it but it's not showing up.)

<s>Oppose.</s> Strong oppose. I have to oppose based on Gracenote's
answer to my question about attack sites. I feel that websites that
out and defame Wikipedians should never be linked to; I certainly
can't think of a single encyclopedic reason they would ever have to
be. SlimVirgin (talk) 06:00, 23 May 2007 (UTC)

    Changing to strong oppose, because some of GN's responses and his
contribs have caused me more concern. The candidate has made only 343
edits to article talk, suggesting very low community interaction over
content, against 5,700 edits to articles, many or most of which now
appear to have been made by a bot, [3] which means they can be racked
up in a matter of hours, and the bulk of the edits were made this
month. [4] I'm also concerned that the bot is being used without bot
approval, but Gracenotes says above that it's not a bot (which is
either wrong, or it means that he sits mindlessly hitting a button
hundreds of times for hours on end), and I'm not keen on the facetious
response above when I asked GN why he'd redirected his user page to
Gurch's. All this, combined with the attack sites thing, his posting
to Wikipedia Review that that site shouldn't be added to the spam
blacklist, and his apparent inability to give straightforward and
clear answers to questions, is enough to cause me major concern.
SlimVirgin (talk) 19:48, 25 May 2007 (UTC)