[WikiEN-l] unintended consequences

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue May 29 18:41:29 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, David Mestel <david.mestel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's an idea: why not noindex BLPs while they're being considered on
> AfD.
> We get the best of both worlds, since as the article isn't the number one
> ghit, there's no need to speedy non-outrageous articles.  I guess we'd
> also
> need to noindex the AfDs themselves.

What would be the purpose of noindexing the article which isn't better
solved by judicious application of WP:BLP?  I thought the whole argument for
noindexing was that these articles might get vandalized and not noticed.
But an article which is currently being discussed on AfD should have plenty
of eyeballs on it.

Anthony